11.11.11

My Lips are Sealed

I used to hate wearing lipstick. Not so much the look of it on me, but the feeling of it on my lips--thick and sticky. I remember I got a Clinique lip gloss and tried wearing it back in college freshman year. I was so uncomfortable! I don't know how to eat my churchuria (we munch a looooot before) without touching my lips. This made retouch almost a hassle and giving up food just so I can maintain freshness of my lip gloss is not an option! So after a day (I wanna say after a week, but I'm pretty sure it took a day only), I gave up on my lip gloss. I would only use Body Shop's Born Lippie (I still do) and nothing else on my lips.
I was a lipstick/lipgloss hater until I met (well, more like came across) Hollyannaeree, my favorite beauty guru on Youtube. She, together with all the other beauty gurus, is the reason I have a growing addiction for make-up and today, I will share with you my small but growing collection of lipsticks :)
I love the clean make-up look. And what better way to achieve that than to seal it with a nice shade of lipstick:



Revlon Colorburst in Soft Nude. This should be worn with a lipgloss or else, you would look ill or washed out. I almost always mix my other lipsticks with this if I want them to look less intense and more nude-looking.



 

 Mac Cremesheen in Speed Dial. Honestly, when I bought this, I thought I was buying the perfect nude pink lipstick. When I got home and tried it on, it looked more like a very bright pink lipstick on me. Still, I loove it! I would not wear it in the office though, it's too much for my boring workplace. I only wear this during the weekend.



Covergirl Continuous Color in Parisian Pink. Same with the Mac, I thought I was buying the perfect pinkish nude lipstick but this turns out to be too bright and light for my skin tone. I thought it was wasted money for me but when I tried it on a month after, I loved it. This is almost exactly the same shade as my Mac Speed Dial, just a tiny bit lighter.



Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Prim Rose. A Hollyannaeree fave, looks good on her but not what I expected on me. Still not the pinkish nude I was looking for, tsk. Still, this works for me. 



Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Coral Berry. I mix some of my Revlon Soft Nude lipstick with this to make it look a little bit less orange on me. 



Guerlain Kiss Kiss Essence de Gloss Lip Gloss in 460 Ambre. This is pure LOVE. The perfect nude/peach lip gloss for me. Perfect taste, and smell. Amazing! Looks so glam too!


 
Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick in 363 Rose De La Reine. Packaging just screams glamorous (and expensive)! A little bit bulky though, but I don't mind. This can be an accessory in your purse when you're at a party :) I love the packaging more than the lipstick itself. Color is too sheer, has a lot of glitters (bothers me a lot) and lipstick itself is just too small given the cost of this product. I have twisted this all the way up and you can see how small the lipstick bullet is. I don't even use this often (maybe 5 times?).



Stila High Shine Lipstick in Aida. Got this as a gift from my aunt (i think). It looks dark but it's actually very sheer, like a lip gloss. The color is kind of bronze/brown/peach when swatched, perfect for day make up



The Face Shop Extreme Rouge Gloss in BR801. This is almost an opaque lip gloss, almost like a lipstick. The perfect nude that does not make me look like i'm sick. 



Stila Lip Graze Stick in Vanilla. This is a nice pinkish nude lip gloss. It has a hint of sparkle (bothers me a little). Can be worn alone or over your favorite lipstick. Although I love that this is very soft and creamy, it makes sharpening VERY messy. Wasted a lot of product too when I sharpened this last night since the tip got stuck inside the sharpener. Thought of it just now, maybe I should keep it in the fridge before sharpening it? Hmm...



There you are! I have learned that choosing the right shade and formula of lipstick is key to having a good lipstick experience. Don't be a lipstick hater just because of one bad experience. Give these little bullets a chance and soon you'll see how it can make you look more polished and put together.

P.S. I plan to get Lime Crime Retrofuturist lipstick. Though I am not into red lips, I feel every girl should have atleast one. Plus, Lime Crime Lipsticks are just too cute to pass up!






1 comment:

  1. hi angel! primrose is also one of my favorite lipstick! as for nude I use mac myth with C-thru lipgloss! please do write more make up reviews! :D

    www.misslovelytan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete