24.1.12

Luxe Makeup: Guerlain

I recently had a mini Guerlain haul during the Luxasia event. I have only wanted to get the Parure Gold Extreme (which is not available, unfortunately) because it was highly recommended by Lisa Eldridge in her  bridal makeup tutorial and I have meant to use it on my upcoming wedding makeup gig (yay!!) on February 2012. As usual, I ended up getting more than what I had planned or budgeted for myself. Be that as it may, I am HAPPY.

Lingerie De Peau, Parure Gold, Ecrin 6 Couleurs in Rue De Rivoli and Terracotta Gloss in Salsa and Tango


Lingerie De Peau in Ambre Clair and Parure Gold in Beige Clair
Main selling point of the Lingerie De Peau is how it's "invisible, seeming to fuse with the skin...". A no-makeup makeup, it provides perfect long-lasting coverage minus the mask effect. First time I used it, I thought I got a shade too light for my skin tone. But after a few minutes, it oxidized a bit and matched my skin tone :)

Parure Gold is by far, my favorite foundation. It has no SPF, which is why it is ideal for when you will have a lot of pictures taken, say, a party or your wedding because SPF has light reflecting properties that will make you look washed out in photos (you're fine with SPF 15 or lower though). Main selling point of this product is its anti-aging properties, a plus for me as I am almost 27 and I believe that it's the right time to prevent aging.



I have not tried this palette yet but I am especially interested in the fuschia eyeshadow. Of the 6 shadows in this palette, it's the first one that you will notice!





I was immediately attracted to the packaging. It's just so glam!



Terracotta Gloss in Tango (flamboyant Red) and Salsa (neon Fuschia)



 


The first one is Tango, and the second one is Salsa. They look the same on photos, but they are distinct when swatched. On the lips, they give a tinge of color, and a whole lot of gloss. Packaging may be all glam but the gloss it gives is...cute. Cute as in Lancome's Juicy Tubes kind of cute. Not really sure why, must be because of its jelly-like consistency, but that's what I am reminded off whenever I put this on.

That's it! Gosh, I started with this post a long time ago, saved it as draft then almost forgot about it. Tsk.

Must. Post. More.

No comments:

Post a Comment